Saint-François-de-Sales church : free access

Pics

  • Eglise et chapelle
  • Vue extérieure
  • Clocher
Eglise et chapelleVue extérieureClocher

Presentation

One of the most famous profile of Savoie, with its arrow with double bulb.
The bell tower, destroyed during the Revolution, found only in 1824 a new arrow with double bulb as the older one. The 2 bulbs are separate by an octagonal tambour and the second one, in onion, has got a globe dominated by the cross and the rooster. Most of furniture was also destroyed during the Revolution. The church has been used like a storage between 1794 and 1800, but it’s only in 1840 that Pédrino has built the altarpiece. In both side of the painting we can find statues of Sainte-Agathe and Saint-François-de-Sales which representing healing child. In 1876, to make the building bigger, a platform has been built. On the new façade are placed clay statue of Moïse, Elie and Sacred-heart.
OuverturesAll year round, daily between 9 am and 7 pm.
Informations
  • Main facilities :
    • Historic site and monument
  • Tour :
    • French
    • English
    • Italian
  • Services :
    • Guided group tours
    • Appropriate dress required
    • Guided individual tours
  • Architectural styles of historic sites and monuments :
    • Town of Art & History
  • Period :
    • 18th C
    • 19th C
    • 17th C
  • Individual tour services :
    • Guided individual tours on request
  • Group tour services :
    • Guided group tours on request
  • Religious patrimony :
    • Religious heritage
    • Church
  • Visites :
    • Average group visit length (minutes) 60
  • Style :
    • Baroque
Equipments & Services
  • Parking :
    • Car park
    • Secure parking
Contact
Saint-François-de-Sales church : free access
73350
Bozel
loading
FICHE_INFO_SIMPLE_LIBELLE_DESTINATION
Eglise Saint-François-de-Sales : En accès libre
73350
Bozel
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 45.443181
Longitude : 6.646428